Let's shape banking and fintech software
Join us in Berlin!
Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
Permanent Employment, Full-time - Berlin
Software Design & Development
Our amazing developer team is looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to help us in our mission to make IT in the banking and fintech world simpler and more efficient.
As a Backend Engineer you will directly support the further development of our BANCOS Core product. You will work in a small agile team and help us to take the user experience to the next level.
Sounds interesting? Join us and become part of the BANCOS Team!
What can you expect from us
- Your role is a key part in our BANCOS Banking Core team. With view to the customer this team is responsible for the external image of the BANCOS solution and ensures that legal regulations and safety requirements will always be met.
- You will work in an established, medium-sized company in a central position and you will have the freedom to actively shape our company and our corporate culture with your skills and your personality
What will your responsibilities involve?
- The design and implementation of highly performant, low-latency and high-quality applications
- A close collaboration with our product managers, other developers and testers in a sprint-based agile environment
- The consolidation and extention of our existing codebase to achieve higher productivity and reliability
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer, using languages such as C, C++, Rust, Go/golang, Python in the financial area or in industry (industry experience in banking, financing, online payments is a plus)
- Strong software engineering skills, understanding of software development processes, software architecture and software design
- Good experience with relational databases
- Easiness with developer tools, such as CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab, Concourse, CircleCI), monitoring and logging (e.g., CloudWatch, ELK, Datadog), testing frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and high standards of quality
- You have good communication skills and love to work in teams
- You are a proactive peer and support the growth of your team
- You are a curious, constant learner and share your learnings with others
- Additionally, you have good English and very good German skills
- We are living flexible working hours and a hybrid workplace model
- We offer you 30 days of annual leave, a subsidy for childcare as well as a BVG company ticket and a travel allowance
- A nice working atmosphere and an open-minded, warm team with regular staff events, our own football team and many sports opportunities is waiting for you
- We support your continuous professional and personal development and encourage and challenge you in your further development
- We offer you a modern office in a central location with excellent transport connections
- Capital-forming benefits, lunch vouchers and a contribution to the company pension scheme are also available
We look forward to your application, including your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.
Keep in mind: First of all, an appeal to all applicants: Job advertisements predominantly present an ideal image of an applicant. Studies show that most candidates only meet 60% of the criteria on average. Unfortunately, many promising candidates tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think the job is right for you, but don't necessarily meet every single point of the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk to you and find out if you could be a good fit.
We are looking forward to you!
We are pleased about your interest in our company! Please fill out the following short form.
Please note that all our employees also receive a variable salary component.
If you have difficulties uploading your data, please contact us by e-mail.